Group Life Purpose Statement
Group Life seeks to: BRING every person into community, BUILD stronger faith through community, SEND every person on mission with community.
Group Life Philosophy
Group Life is a place for you to find your place: A Place to Connect, A Place of Community, A Place for Change, A Place to Celebrate
Group Life Values
- Priority. Because we believe in the value of community, we agree to give priority to our group meetings. If we are running late, we will call ahead.
Confidentiality. We agree that whatever is shared here stays here. This includes what is shared through phone calls, e-mails, social media, etc. We want this group to be a safe place to grow.
- Participation. We agree to encourage, support, and stand behind one another, choosing to see ourselves linked together.
- Accessibility. We agree to give one another the right to call in times of need—even in the middle of the night.
- Openness. We will seek to be open and honest with each other. Our small group is a place where we can take off our masks, be ourselves, and be accepted for who we are.
- Respect. We agree to communicate in ways that are respectful, while being careful not to dominate. We will strive to be available to one another and listen, encourage, support, and tell the truth in loving ways.
- Freedom. We agree to limit our freedom by not serving or consuming alcohol during small group meetings or events so as to avoid causing a brother or sister to stumble.
- Open Chair. We agree to keep an empty chair for others and seek to reach out to people like us who need this place of caring and growth.
- Service. We will serve our church and/or community as a group at least twice a year.
- Multiplication. Eventually we plan to reproduce our group.